The Réseau santé en fançais au Nunavut (RESEFAN) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the health of Francophones in Nunavut. It accomplishes its mission by promoting health and well-being. It also seeks to support, consolidate and develop access to health services for Nunavut's francophone community.
- Contribute to the planning of health care and social services in French and the implementation of Nunavut's Official Languages Act in this area;
- Define and implement strategic plans related to wellness and health that are integrated into the social and multicultural reality of Nunavut;
- Promote French-language health care services in Nunavut;
- Promote health and well-being among Francophones in Nunavut;
- Manage grants and funds received from various sources including revenues generated by the various activities of the organization;
- Manage the physical facilities and equipment necessary to implement its programs and activities.
Projects and activities
RESEFAN is currently working on 4 major projects to improve accessibility for Francophones to health care in their language.
- Telemedicine in mental health
The purpose of this project is to set up pathways that provide Francophones with access to confidential mental health services in French through telemedicine.
- Interpretation and accompaniment, a pilot project
This project aims to set up an interpretation system in French through telemedicine and a service that enables patients to receive phone or e-mail support while making appointments, follow-up of files, medical trips, etc.
- Human resources' commitment to health and social services
The purpose of this project is to encourage the commitment of medical staff to offer services in French. It will be implemented through the creation of a Welcoming Community, a discussion group in French for medical staff and recognition and training scholarships.
- Welcoming and Professional Integration Service
This program facilitates the arrival of Francophone interns who provide services to the population. In addition, we hope that the interns will be charmed by Nunavut and that they will want to return to work in our community.
Furthermore, RESEFAN develops specific health-promotion initiatives such as conferences and sports activities.
Subscribe to our Facebook page to learn more!